Thursday, October 29, 2009

This is very new and VERY scary!

So here I am....just going for it.
I always had a fear of expressing myself through writing, but it has grown on me. 

Today I woke up with a very powerful sense of what to do next with my life. Can't begin to tell you what a big deal that is. I am not trying to suggest that I have the rest of my life sorted, I just decided to pick a path and go with it. 

You see, my son was on  a TV show yesterday, cooking. He was fantastic! We had a  great time, but what struck me was the fact that it seemed unusual to a lot of people that I involved the kids in the kitchen, and that they liked it. I had heard it from people before, that they are not inclined to cook with their kids, but yesterday, for some reason, the penny dropped with me that this was something I was good at. 

I am not a chef, I am a home cook... albeit an enthusiastic one. Really I just like feeding people. I am not endlessly patient with the kids either, I just seem to get calm in the kitchen. So I cook with them a lot. We have a rapport over the mixing bowls and baking trays. 

My plan is to document my kitchen exploits with the kids. Meals we cook together and meals we cook for each other. I will put up recipes that went down well and ones that didn't. I will try and include photos as much as possible, and try not to make how tidy my kitchen is a factor in whether I take pictures!

Comments would be nice too, feel free to let me know what you think. 

So! Welcome to my blog!

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment