Sunday, November 15, 2009

Daniel's visit to a hotel kitchen

I know this does not come into the category of home cooking, but I could not but mention it!
After his TV appearance, Daniel was invited by his very gracious competitor. Richie Wilson is the Executive Chef in the Morrison hotel in Dublin. Richie invited Daniel to come into the kitchen and look around and meet the chefs. Little did Daniel know that Richie would have himself and Robyn in to cook too!
My husband and I were shown to our seats in a very trendy bar, and the kids went off with Richie to the kitchen where they were kitted out in their uniform. We ordered our dinner and when the order went in, Daniel and Robyn made it for us. Daniel himself went for the burger and Robyn in true celebrity style insisted on ordering off the menu and looking for a custom pasta dish with bacon, mushrooms and pesto. Yum!!
They had a wonderful time and I am very grateful to Richie for being so generous. 
I can thoroughly recommend the food in the restaurant. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment