Monday, November 23, 2009

Today's recipe



A couple of recipes today. 
I did not get to update at all last week, so I will try and catch up this week.

We tried a new recipe on thursday, that is not on the list from the last post. 
It is Parma wrapped Cod with Pesto
It takes 5 minutes to prepare and 10 - 15 minutes to cook, and it is lovely. Daniel who is not a pesto fan even liked it. 

I used Cod fillets, cut into portion sizes. Always ask for the tail piece for the kids, as the tail has no bones.  Any bones in the other pieces I just teased out with my hands, cod bones are usually pretty big.

I laid the fillets in a tray and spread with pesto straight from the jar. You could use sundried tomato paste or any such italian pesto. 
I then grated the zest of a lemon onto the pesto and squeezed the juice around too.
Then I laid a piece of parma ham on each piece and scattered halved cherry tomatoes around the fish.
You could use olives either but I hadn't got any nice ones!

I baked it for 12 minutes  at 190 c until the fish was just cooked through and served it with spirali pasta with butter. The tray had juice that was lemony after the fish was taken out, so I put this over the pasta 

It was a hit with everyone. ( Especially me as it took no time at all!)





No comments:

Post a Comment